Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Wide angle adapters for Nizo

  1. #1
    Inactive Member shralp's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 11th, 2002
    Posts
    16
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Anyone out there know where I can find a wide angle adapter for my Nizo Professional 7-80 zoom lens? I'd like to find something that still gives me zoom thru capability instead of having to keep it wide all the time. I know that Nizo offered a wide angle in a I, II, and III series, I'm just not sure what the differences are between the three, plus I heard that they are not real glass. Anyone know about these? The problem I'm finding is that I can't find any thing that will be big enough to fit a 62mm front. Everything I find from Century, Kenko, etc. only goes to 58mm.
    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member shralp's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 11th, 2002
    Posts
    16
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    bump...

  3. #3
    Inactive Member lightfeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 28th, 2002
    Posts
    217
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The Nizo I, II and III are for different thread sizes. I think you need the number II. They're actually nice lenses, but you won't be able to zoom through with them and I don't think you'll find anything you can either. The I and II are cheaper than the III, which fits the 67mm threaded f1.4 7-80mm lenses of the 6080 and 4080 etc. I believe you're Nizo Pro has a 62mm threaded f1.8, which corresponds to the UWII. You can find them on ebay, particularly in Deuscheland, which I recommend for any thing Nizo. Expect to pay about $50 to 60US.....

  4. #4
    Inactive Member shralp's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 11th, 2002
    Posts
    16
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for the info. I found out that the guy I purchased my Nizo from in Germany, (Dr. Alexander Peters) can get them and/or has them for sale. He apparently says I need the UW III for a 62mm lens front. Thing is he wants $149 for them, ouch! He also mentioned that they are made out of plexiglass and not real glass. Is this optically possible and does anyone out there have one of these that can vouch for any negative effects in image quality? Thanks.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •